Monday, September 15, 2008

GOD OF THIS CITY!!!!!

Dibs on this song. Man there isn't a song I have heard in church that speaks to me the way this song does. My wife said that it should be the "theme" song for our church. I would whole heatedly agree. Not just our church but any church. This song to me talks about how great God is, and how much he has done for us. It also reminds us that it is our job to share his love. Not force it on people but to just love people. What greater compliment could we give God then to try and love the way he does. No strings attached or hidden goals, just love. I know in my personal walk with God I want to be someone that just loves people no matter what. I don't care if you agree with who they are or what they choose to do, just love them. This for me is very hard to do, but is something I really am trying to work on. It is not our job to judge. If Jesus can be around the people and love the people he was with then I should be able to do the same in my life. How great would our world be if everyone just loved each other with out question or expectations? Not just the people that are Christians but Muslims, Jews, Atheists, or anyone that believes anything. What I wish would be that as a community of humans we could learn to love. This would change the world. "Greater things are yet to come. Greater thing, are still to be done in this city!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for sharing andrew. that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerk...I wanted that song:) Just kidding....kind of. Thanks for sharing Andrew...very insightful.

    ReplyDelete