Monday, September 15, 2008

It was close but......This is Our God won out!!

One of my new favorite songs that the band is playing right now is This is Our God. I love Remedy but thought I'd go with the newer to me song. The lyrics of this song are powerful and they flow so well. They tell the story of all the things that God is. He's a refuge, a shelter, a father, a healer, a comforter, he's peace, a lover. I love it when songs call God what He is. It's specific and sometimes in my life, I need specific. That might sound funny but I know God is God but when I'm feeling the storm, I want to speak the words that He is my refuge and shelter. And when I'm feeling like everything is in disarray I want to hear that He brings peace to my madness. Then the best part is it says "so call upon His name, He is mighty to save." He's right there and all we have to do is call Him. The chorus repeats the words, "This the one we have waited for." I kind of wonder why the songwriter would put those words in there. And then I thought about myself and when I'm feeling down and I need the reminders that this song gives...in the midst of all that crap sometimes God is the last person I turn to. I need to be reminded, this is the one I have waited for. He is our God and He is mighty to save. I hope you enjoy this song as much as I am. Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment