Tuesday, August 10, 2010

All I Need

So, I must admit... sometimes practices for me aren't very spiritually moving. Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoy hangin' with the Catalyst Worship Band peeps and we have a great time jamming and working through songs for the upcoming weeks! But in myself, I tend to focus more on playing the right notes at the right time rather than taking a look at what the songs are saying during our rehearsals.

Lately, we've had a few expenses pop up in our household that have been unexpected... A potentially VERY expensive trip to an Urgent Care for a sinus infection, necessary van repairs, etc. and I've just felt myself becoming nervous in light of the arrival of our son in a few weeks!

Last night, the song "All I Need" was on the agenda for rehearsal. We had been playing for probably an hour or so... things were going well... and then it was time to run-through this song... and *smack*! The words of this song seemed to jump right off of the chord chart and take hold of me:

You have made me You have called me
You have covered me with love
You have saved me walked beside me
You have made me beautiful

Though I've fallen again
Though I'm broken within
You see me right where I am
and run to me You run to me

Abba Father, Living Water
You are all I'll ever need
My Sustainer, my Forever
Has been right in front of me
You're all I need

You run to me You embrace me
and You claim me as your own
You remake me celebrate me
and You welcome me back home

Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, all I need
_______________________________________

I'm so thankful that He reminds us in soft, gentle ways that He is all we need. And no matter WHAT happens, I pray that this would be my greatest longing, my deepest desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment