Sunday, January 9, 2011

First blog ever, puttin' stuff out there

We all struggle at times with our faith, what we believe in, and falling short. As 2010 was coming to an end and 2011 fast approaching, I began to think and pray about things that needed change. That sounded hokie, but whatever. For the record, this is my first blog, ever. I've never really been into this but I wanted to put some stuff out there for anyone interested. I came to know Jesus fully about eight years ago. I was extremely fired up and ready to tell the world about Him. Fast forward a few years and that fire may have dimmed a bit. After some prayer and some amazing conversations with my wife, I decided that fire needs to come back on a permanent basis. I've decided to be bolder about my knowledge and love for Christ, worship outwardly, be a more effective worship leader (yes, the band members are worship leaders), and pray for ways to impact the lives of those around me daily. I am making it my life's work to improve the lives of my co-workers, love my kids better, serve my wife better and better every day, and actively seek out the heart of God. I have been wrapped up in what others think of me and afraid of being too nerdy, too legalistic, or too whatever and held back my fire for God in the process. I am working through these issues ongoing, but I can tell you that I love Jesus and am committed to seeking His will for my life. He offers a peace that no job, salary, position in society, amount of limelight, or anything else that the world offers can offer. Playing music has always been an act of worship for me and for the past few years I have intensely focused on keeping the glory off of myself while in the spotlight. This is a fine line in our kind of music. We play for an audience of One, we serve the purpose to draw God's people to a place of worship, but we use lights, effects, loud guitars, drums, and cool grooves to do it. I love modern worship music, I love playing it, and love the way our church delivers God's love to the people of our community. I am blessed and honored with this unique responsibility and look forward to God's leading and plan for us in the coming years. More than that though, I am excited to hear the voice of God leading me toward His will for my life. I do not need to operate on my own devices any longer, total dependance on a Holy God is what He calls us to. As He lays more on my heart about this stuff, I will continue to share it. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment